Post-Retirement Reading

Sunday 30 September 2012

Well, That Wasn't So Bad!!!

Sights like these never get old!


     What an incredible month this has been!  I can't believe that it is over.
As I sit to write this, pool side, under the huge full moon, in the warm ocean breezes, I can't stop thinking about how incredibly lucky I have been.  This leg of the journey has far surpassed all of my expectations.  I have met some wonderful people, reconnected with some great friends, done some new and exciting things in this great city and, of course, revisited some of my very favorite haunts.  I never get tired of San Diego, weird as that sounds.  It just has so much to see and do.  I never get tired of the sights, sounds and smells of this great city.





World famous San Diego Zoo....great place.
Stupid clouds got in the way of what might otherwise have
been a lovely photo!  haha
Moon and palm trees....not bad!
Surf
Beach

Does life get any better than this?
 
More surf



Aboard the USS Midway Museum,
a decommissioned aircraft carrier, 4 acres long and held 3,500-4,500  men at it's peak.

Low tide at Torrey Pines.
 I had to walk back to the car to get my camera to get these pictures.

Am I ever glad I did.

Black garlic fondue at Karl Strauss Brewery.
O.M.G!!
     So, I am nearly all packed up and ready to leave tomorrow.  I will be back for two days...in time to do some laundry, repack and refocus.  Thursday I leave for Washington DC, into total uncharted territories.  I have never been there before, but have every confidence that Rich and Mona will have lots of excellent suggestions and recommendations for great adventures.  They have yet to steer me wrong!!  
     So while I am saddened to leave San Diego, as always,  I am looking forward to seeing what the other side of the continent has to offer.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment