Post-Retirement Reading

Sunday 16 February 2020

I Can’t Even.....

There are times, when I am here, that I get totally and completely overwhelmed with the beauty of this place and how frigging lucky I am to be here.

Today is one of those days!

For example, right now I am sitting on the deck of the ocean condo at just after 9 am, looking out at the beautiful blue hues of the Pacific, watching the surfers ride the waves.   I just watched and listened to the OB parrots squawk and frolic overhead as I walked down to Azucar for the most delicious Cuban coffee and cheese and guava pastry (my Keto diet has seen better days!).  The sun is shining and warm, the sky is clear and blue, the walk there and back was so relaxing.   I am heading to yoga in 20 minutes.   I just finished an amazing 3-day glass making class with Patty Gray up in San Marco.  I am in the midst of my week long stay here at the condo, which I find to be a whole different but equally enjoyable experience from the pool house.  

I never get tired of the view, the pace, the vibe, the “feel” of it here.   It’s so hard to put into words.   “Content” and “complete” are as close as I can come.   At yoga, Nikki talked about the word I think that sums it up well....”gratitude”.


I mean....come on!!!  😲😀

No comments:

Post a Comment