Post-Retirement Reading

Saturday 29 February 2020

February 29, 2020: A Bonus Day, Indeed

It’s a Leap Year this year.   Today is my “bonus day” down here.   Instead of packing up and driving away, I am relishing my Peet’s latte by the pool, having just finished the books and enjoying the most incredible fragrance that has filled the air here in the last couple of days.   Some kind of flower is clearly in bloom now and it’s intoxicating.    I am seeing Himanshu at 11 am and meeting Susie and Cheryl in Solana Beach tonight for supper and the Steve Poltz 11th Annual 50th Birthday Party concert at Belly Up.  






While at the concert, Steve Wozniak’s wife offered to watch my drink at the bar while I delivered Susie and Cheryl’s drinks to them.   Then they sat 4 rows behind us.   Wow!!

spent the afternoon cleaning the car to get it ready for the big road trip and sealing this adventure with the ever-present/ever-cool “OB” car rear window sticker to commemorate this awesome adventure!! What a great penultimate day!!!!






This month has been terrific.   I continued with my regular yoga and walking and coffee and puzzles and reading routine.  I loved the fused glass classes, both up in Fallbrook again and at Patty Gray’s studio.  I had several acupuncture treatments and cupping to help my SI joint.    I took a Breath and Sound Healing class with John again.  I got a B-12 shot, went for a shave and a haircut, had the hood of my car repainted to remove rust and chips and saw “Fly” at La Jolla Playhouse.   I spent a week at the ocean condo (wifi free 🥴😳) and spent a day on Coronado.  I enjoyed seeing Jean and Grant while they were here on holidays.   We went for supper at C-Level on evening, hiked and picnicked up at Torrey Pines one morning and then celebrated by 55th birthday with a barbecue here with Pete and Solveig.   






















So am I “ready” to go home tomorrow?   Oh hell, no.   But am I “resolved” to go home tomorrow.   Yes.   That’s the best I can phrase it to myself.   I am full of such gratitude and thanks for the best winter I can remember having in a long, long time.    I am totally becoming a “snowbird”.   Winter may now become my favorite season!   Who saw that coming?  Not me, that’s for sure!  😂😜😉

No comments:

Post a Comment