Post-Retirement Reading

Saturday 15 June 2013

Putting the "Stay" in Staycation


      Here it is, mid-June, and here I am, still at home.  Between the winter that would never end, some self-admitted laziness and self-imposed inertia, I have been home since my Costa Rican adventures at the end of March.  And it has been terrific!!!! 
  
The long-awaited harbinger of spring.
     "What have you been doing?" is a common query.  "Whatever the hell I want" is my usual reply.  This includes things like awaiting the arrival of long-overdue spring watching several tv series during awful spring storms ("Downton Abbey", "Banshee", "Damages", just to name a few), preparing songs for the jazz night and jazz brunch, spring cleaning and planting, trips home and to the lake, visiting with friends, relishing remaining time with some great friends who moved away, running, reading, my annual May Mecca trip to Ikea with my sister, attending the "Women of Distinction" Award banquet to help celebrate my niece's accomplishments.
     Again, whatever/whenever; appreciating the remaining days as they slip away and realizing how lucky I am to have this luxury of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment