Post-Retirement Reading

Friday 2 November 2012

Today, I....



took a 'water taxi' from Nuevo Vallarta to...
 
Puerto Vallarta. 
While I was there I...

spent 30 pecos on this great drink they were selling on the street
which was coconut juice with bits of apples and pecans in it.
I drank two.  They were so cold and sweet and delicious!

 
Then, I found some 'street meet"!  4 bbqed shrimp on a skewer with lime!  YUM!!

 
I enjoyed the 'malecon' or boardwalk.
 Lots of sights, sounds, smells, vendors, artists.
Awesome people watching!


Then, I waited for the water taxi to come back and bring me home!

 
(this was NOT the water taxi)
Then, I got caught in a torrential rainstorm during my run.
It absolutely POURED,
 
and was warm and exhilerating and wonderful!!



It felt like a great day to be alive!!
     All this, on the day when home got it's first really big dump of snow.  And THAT is the reason I chose to be away from home in November!  This trip to Mexico is the very first one that I planned and booked last year in anticipation of my year off.  And am I ever glad that I did. 
     I hate the month of November in Saskatchewan.  It is so gloomy and dreary.  It can't decide if it is still fall or if it is winter yet.  I have to admit that it has been a pretty great way to bring in THIS kind of 'snow day' today!  I was purposefully mindful of what I was doing today and tried to enjoy each moment of it because this time next year, the day won't be quite as sweet! 
     Totally worth the time, effort and planning to have it!  Can't wait to see what else is out there starting tomorrow!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment