Post-Retirement Reading

Thursday 8 November 2012

The Best 91 Cents I Ever Spent!!!!!

     Yesterday, I ripped myself away from the comfort of the condo, spent 12 pesos (91 cents) on a ticket for the bus and travelled 31 km north to the surfing town of Sayulita. 

Lime-salted watermelon spears, cold coconut milk
and the beautiful Pacific Ocean on Sayulita beach!!

     And what a trip it was!  The ride was indeed as rough as I had heard it was going to be, but the experience was very interesting.  Once we got out of the city, the drive turned into a great half hour ride through the jungle.  It was as green out  the window as the blues over the ocean in San Diego were.  A cool sight for a prairie boy!




















      Once I got there, I bought a smoothie on the street, got a shrimp burrito for lunch and walked around the town in the heat and humidity.  Eventually, I made my way to the beach and found surfers, sunbathers, vendors, massage tents, fishing boats, locals and visitors alike. 
Lunch time!  Can't get enough shrimp!!
Sayulita beach

Such beautiful scenery

Even the dead fish on the beach were interesting looking!


Best thirst quencher to date:
watermelon spears served with lime salt
(I passed on the offer to add hot sauce as well!!!)
and.....


cold coconuts on the beach!

Jungle in the Sierra Madre mountains

Downtown Sayulita

      What an interesting day!  I enjoyed getting out and seeing a more typical Mexican town than where I am staying in Nuevo Vallarta.  And as "they" say, 'getting there was, indeed, half the fun'!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment