Post-Retirement Reading

Thursday 24 September 2020

Words Left Unsaid



Dear Murray,


I just wanted to drop a note to say hi and to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your recent health news.   I am sure this is a tough and uncertain time for you.   I hope you can spend lots of time with your loved ones and can fill your days doing  whatever you enjoy.


Things with me are good.   I am really enjoying retirement and am learning how to fill the much less-structured days.  I have been learning to do stained and fused glasswork and doing some watercolour painting.  I am really liking that.  I do lots of walking and listening to audiobooks.   It sure passes the walking time quickly!!  Think I’ll try cross country skiing this winter as it looks like I won’t be escaping it this year, which was my ultimate retirement goal!!  I spent last winter in San Diego and it was fantastic.  Sure hope I can get back there next year!  


I just wanted you to know that I I’ve been thinking of you and that I wish you well at this challenging time.   


Be well,

Bob

 

No comments:

Post a Comment