Post-Retirement Reading

Tuesday 19 February 2013

February Fun in Phoenix

     Time for a road trip, so I got a hold of my friends Patti and Tom who live in Phoenix and invited myself over for the weekend.  And am I ever glad that I did!  They showed me a wonderful time. 
     There is nothing like seeing the desert in the spring.  It was awesome.  Their winter weather was like a beautiful summer day at home.  The 5 hour drive from San Diego went through some really interesting topography.  Who knew that so much romaine lettuce grew between the two cities?  Not me!  And acres of rv's parked in the middle of nowhere.  What's up with that?  :)


Welcome to Arizona!

Saguaro cactus

Desert scenery


Morning mountain hikes

A break to enjoy the great view

Great to see Patti again!

Awesome hosts:
A Killingsworth family photo

 


 
Things you see on the drive:
mountains,

wind turbines,

sand dunes,

"rocky" mountains,

palm trees,

and ocean, back at "Ground Zero" in San Diego.
 
     What a great way to spend my last weekend here before heading back to quite the opposite climes back home.  Spending time here this winter has been awesome.  I see a definite 'snowbird' future coming my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment