Post-Retirement Reading

Saturday 23 March 2024

Spring has sprung

 Not that there’s much difference between winter and spring here, but you can see it in the flowers!  So beautiful!









It’s been another awesome winter here.  I could totally live here.  But as my time draws nearer to being over, I can’t help but be so grateful for everything I got to do while I was here.   Pottery, painting classes with Gabriel Stockton, Helen Shafer Garcia and a Paint Out with the San Diego Watercolor Society, yoga, walks, bioluminescent waves and visits with friends.  John Lennon Art Exhibit and Redwood with Idina Mendel at La Jolla Playhouse.  Many meals, laughs and great conversations with Pete and Solveig.  Super Bowl and St Patrick’s Day parties at Bonita and Dick’s.   Home visitors this time included Tom and Les, Jean and Grant, Linda and Terry and Ward and Annie. Lots of rain and a bit cooler than last year but it wasn’t snow so I’m not complaining.  Most of March has been at the ocean condo with all its glory. 
























And with a week still left to enjoy, I will make the most of the days, the weather and the opportunities.  I’ve already put in place plans to return in September to, hopefully, housesit for Patrice and Jim in Fallbrook.  Can’t wait to come back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment