Post-Retirement Reading

Sunday 22 December 2019

Reflections On A 3,233 Km Road Trip


6 days.  4 days of driving.   3,233 km.  2 provinces.  5 states.  1 lucky guy.  

After being uncharacteristically anxious and procrastinating my delay for some reason, I hit the road on Monday, just after lunch, bound for Lee’s in Fort Macleod. 

                               

I arrived to a warm welcome, great meal, a few drinks and a nice relaxing day of the same on Tuesday.   

                               


                         


                                 


Wednesday, I drove 922 km to Idaho Falls, Idaho.   Thursday, another 1029 km to Las Vegas where I took a day of rest to do a “retirement bucket list” item and saw the “Love Cirque de Soleil” show at The Mirage.   It was weird and wonderful.  I even got a “sneak peak” viewing and informational tour in the afternoon, before the show!!  So glad I went.  I was thinking of Marilyn the whole time.  (I’m sure she would have as better seats that me!) 😂😂.   My 22,310 steps along The Strip that day made up for a couple days of sitting!!!  😳😂
                                    

                                    

                                    

                         

                         

                                   

 Saturday’s final 543 km trek finally brought me “home”, to San Diego, once again.
                                    



I enjoyed the drive.  Despite Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas” being on every radio station, multiple times, across all 5 states, even that did not deter me! 🥴😉

Sights you see around 3 pm each day along the way:

                         

                         

                          

                          

                          

So now, I am settling in to my favorite home-away-from home for my extended winter stay and I couldn’t be happier!   So fortunate to be able to be here beyond the regular two-week stay!  Finally, a winter I am looking forward to.  😀☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment