Post-Retirement Reading

Monday 26 August 2019

Monday, August 21, 2019: It Finally Arrived

I have been waiting for this day for years.  Literally.  It marks my first “real” day of being retired because everyone returned to work today.   It feels freeing (and weird).
I flew to San Diego on Saturday morning...




so that I could mark this day by waking up here this morning to this view




and then for my first breakfast as a “free man” at Peets.   



I then enjoyed some quiet time, reading and relaxing at the condo, listening and watching the surf crash outside, a walk along the cliffs to “my spot for some quiet reflection and then  a 90 minute massage with Himanshu.  OMG-he is freaking amazing!  




 An Arnold Palmer after, moved to the pool house and a nice walk along the cliffs at sunset made for a pretty perfect day.   
















Who knows what tomorrow has in store?   

No comments:

Post a Comment