Post-Retirement Reading

Monday 8 July 2019

A Week Into It



It’s my One-Week-Aversary of being a retired person.   I couldn’t be happier!   It’s been a busy but wonderful week.  Lake, home, yard work, lake and home again.   This is living.   So grateful and fortunate to be able to spend the time with family this week.   So much excitement.   Wayne and family off to England, helped Brenda with yard and deck, a great weekend with everyone out at Good Spirit, great summer weather.   Blessings upon blessings.









Thinking back on the last week of work, I am reminded again and again of how lucky I am.   What a wonderful “send off” I had.   From my Retirement Party at the Bassment on June 14, to the party the kids had for me on the last day, it was a great way to end a satisfying career.   I am ever grateful for all the wonderful people, adults and kids alike, that I encountered over the last 30 years.   Lucky, lucky me.




I wake up every morning and I think, “this is nice but it’s gonna end at the end of August” and then it suddenly hits me that “no, this is your new normal!”    It’s the greatest feeling and most unexpected surprise.....every morning!!   I love it.

I read something on how to have a successful retirement and it said you need three things:  something to do, someone  to love and something to look forward to.   That really resonates with me.   I will use that to guide my days!

a

No comments:

Post a Comment