Post-Retirement Reading

Saturday 29 June 2019

The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life




So far, Day 1 of retirement has been outstanding!   Got up at my leisure, went for a walk (because I understand that’s what retire people do in the mornings-so I walked to Shoppers for my pills!! 😂), had a 4 hour walk, talk and latte with Alison and then was treated to the movie “Yesterday” by Kim and Carter.   A beautiful day.   Even got sunburned.

I’m still on a high from the last week.   And to keep things in perspective, last evening I was honored to be included in a list of guests that was invited to Jerald’s sunset internment at Shelley’s acreage.   It was a touching and emotional evening full of tears, laughter, good company, food and drink.  I got to connect with many people I haven’t seen for a long while.   It was a good reminder of how precious life is and how important family and friends are.



No comments:

Post a Comment