Post-Retirement Reading

Wednesday 27 June 2012

They say a change is as good as a rest....so, let's prove it!


June 27, 2012
     Today was the last day of work with students for the year.  But unlike the 23 end-of-Junes which have come before it, today marks the beginning of 14 months away from work, and I couldn't be more excited!  I have been looking forward to this day for the last three years.  After a very bad work experience, I decided to look into other ways of spending my time.  After all, life is too short to be unhappy.  So, I decided to take advantage of the deferred salary option I have at work and the countdown began!  In some ways, the time seems to have flown by and in others it couldn't get here fast enough.  
     And so today, I begin what I hope will be a year of incredible opportunity, experience, reflection and fun!   Who knows what is in store?  I am looking forward to seeing what is to come.
     I started it off this past weekend with my family here for the Jazz Festival.
     Today was a mixture of some sadness and much excitement as I said good-bye to the great kids and families at my school.  Receiving things such as these means a great deal to someone who teaches.  At least they do to me.







     So now I have two more days to finish things up at school and then "Bob's Big Adventure" can finally begin.  I can't wait to see what is in store!!  Join me, if you like, to see what is out there.....  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am here - in spirit at least! Let the adventures begin!

    ReplyDelete