Post-Retirement Reading

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Adventures in Art #55-Salt Spring Island Pottery Residency With Julie MacKinnon

OMG!  This may have been my greatest art experience yet!   The last 3 weeks on Salt Spring Island has been nothing less than incredible.  Julie’s studio is so great and her enthusiasm, expertise and patience really helped me.  I learned so much.  

A trip over to Victoria to see Lyle Lovett, stayed with Shelley in Sidney, 31 completed pieces, 24+ to finish in January, a 3 day intermediate/advanced wheel throwing workshop, great food, wonderful accommodations with Julie’s friend Andrea, a few visits with Kim, friendly people, beautiful weather, stunning surroundings.  I am so thankful and grateful to have been able to do this.

I took an extra day to just rest and sightsee a little before heading home tomorrow via Nelson, BC to scout out Diane’s place as a potential future winter escape.   

Such a great experience.



















Pieces to finish in January





No comments:

Post a Comment